Monday, May 2, 2011

The End Is Extremely Nigh.

Moving on from high school. I still don’t know how I feel about this. Anxious? Yes. Relieved? Definitely. This last month of school has flown by, and now that we’re down to the wire, I suppose I need to get into the mindset that I’m ready to leave high school behind for good.

As far as academics go, I believe that I’m ready to go on to college. My high school education has been split evenly between Fruitland and Homedale, and I do feel like Fruitland did a better job in most respects at giving me knowledge to put towards my future. Obviously Fruitland has more money to put towards their education programs, which gives them the advantage over this school for academics. However, there are parts of HHS that have benefited me more. The math program here provides you with more one on one time with the instructor, which I really need because math is far from my strongest subject. I do wish that I could go back and be able to learn my mathematics, as my grasp of it is still rather weak. So I would say that between the combinations of the two schools, I’ve been fairly well-prepared to graduate.

I feel that I’m ready to take on the responsibilities of being out on my own in the world. I already take care of a lot of my own things and do what I’m supposed to do without being instructed constantly. If I could’ve done anything differently it would have been to perhaps get a part time job. Aside from smaller jobs and the babysitting that I did for a while, I don’t have very much experience with working. I’d also care more about getting my driver’s license, seeing as I still don’t have it. Honestly, I don’t see the big deal about being able to drive but whatever. I’ll work on.

Overall, I think I can handle going out into the real world. It’ll be tough, but I’m expecting that already. It helps a bit to know that if I ever need help with anything, I’ll have my family and friends around the area to give me a hand. After all, growing up doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re cut off one hundred percent from your youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment