Thursday, January 6, 2011

Semester Plans.


Out of everything that I did last semester, I am most proud of getting a 3.8 GPA. That’s the best GPA I’ve ever had, and I’m going to try and get a 4.0 before the end of this school year. Having a good grade point average will look excellent on my college applications.

I do wish that I'd been able to get an A in Psychology, and it's my fault that I didn't because I didn't put forth the effort to study as much as I should have for the quizzes. I also wish I’d paid more attention in Government class. Not because it’s a hard class, but because all the things we discuss in there are relevant to life, especially considering I’m going to be out in the real world very soon. 

When I graduate the thing I'm looking forward to the most is just getting out of high school. I'm ready to go on to college and start getting my own life going. I’m excited to finally be independent from my family, even though I appreciate them a lot. Moving out into the world is something that I’m excited for.

I’m not worried about much as far as graduating goes. I suppose having to be financially independent for once in my life is going to be difficult. Achieving a balance between having a job and keeping up with my classes is going to be a challenge.

This semester I’m going to try and really buckle down to get everything done. Not only that, but produce a high quality of work in order to maintain the best GPA that I can. I’ve really got to watch out for classes like Economics and Government, since I tend to slack off a little in those subjects. It’s not that I don’t try; I just pay so much more attention in classes that I enjoy because they interest me.

It may be the final semester in my last year of high school, but I don’t plan on coming down with “Senioritis” any time soon. It’s not over until I have my diploma, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment